Hardware Engineering Program Manager (EPM) - Apple Vision Pro
Seattle, Washington, United States
Apple is where individual imaginations gather together, committing to the values that lead to great work. Every new product we build, service we create, or Apple Store experience we deliver is the result of us making each other’s ideas stronger. That happens because every one of us shares a belief that we can make something wonderful and share it with the world, changing lives for the better. It’s the diversity of our people and their thinking that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. When we bring everybody in, we can do the best work of our lives. Here, you’ll do more than join something — you’ll add something. Apple Vision Pro is a revolutionary spatial computer that seamlessly blends digital content with your physical space. It will allow us to do the things we love in ways never before possible — all while staying connected to the people around us. The Vision Products Team (VPG) is looking for a high-energy EPM to lead the hardware product development, and guide cross-functional engineering teams to meet design and schedule goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work through system-level development tradeoffs
- Proven track record of managing complex hardware product schedules and engineering builds down to the small details
- Strong technical background in Electrical, Mechanical, or Software Engineering
- 3+ yrs of relevant hardware engineering experience in consumer electronics
- Program / Project management experience is a plus
- Proactive and highly self-motivated; good critical thinking capabilities and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate well in an environment with rapid development cycles and constant change
- Experience as primary point of contact with vendors and CM partners to establish a daily build plan, provide clear direction and guidance to meet the program and build objectives
- Willingness to travel internationally to support development builds
What will you do in this role? As a Hardware EPM, you will own and track engineering development schedules, working closely alongside teams of electrical and mechanical engineers to coordinate the release the designs for hardware subsystems. You will be responsible for: • Planning and execution of build events, including material planning and factory readiness • Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks • Be the primary point of contact with vendors and CM partners to establish a daily build plan, provide clear direction and guidance to meet the program and build objectives • Travel internationally to support engineering builds If this sound like you, we would love to hear from you and explore how we can have you be part of our team. Apple is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply.
Education & Experience
BS degree in EE/CE/ME degree required, MS preferred