Sr. Camera Electrical Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Do you love taking on big challenges that require exceptionally creative solutions? Do you deeply understand how an incredible camera experience should work? As part of our Camera Technologies group, you’ll help design the innovative technology that allows each generation of Apple products to produce photos even more incredible than the last. You’ll design and develop groundbreaking ideas for everything involved in our camera systems, from sensor to lens. You’ll collaborate with teams across Apple to research, design, develop, test, and qualify camera hardware for Apple products. Together, we’ll craft a magical photography experience that redefines what millions of customers can expect from their cameras. The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware for all related Apple products. Our target is to deliver extraordinary hardware to enable exclusive camera user experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy individual who can help us with tomorrow’s challenges.
- You will have 10+ years experience in system level design and architecture with a demonstrated background in driving optimal HW/SW/FW system partitioning.
- Experience with camera technology covering sensing, control and signal processing.
- Multi-disciplinary understanding of EE, CE and Physics principles.
- Experience prototyping new technologies and Capable of prototyping, metrology, conducting design of experiments, and analytical data processing.
- Strong knowledge of EE design and layout for low-noise linear and switching power supply circuits.
- Hands-on experience in electronic design, including component selection, schematic design, and capture with tools like Cadence Allegro and OrCAD.
- Extensive experience with EE design for digital circuits, including high-speed video interfaces and low-speed serial control interfaces.
- Broad knowledge of engineering concepts (device behavior, data analysis, and systems modeling).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
Work cross-functionally to develop hardware/system architectures for novel camera systems. Evaluate problem space to determine key system requirements. Evaluate solution space including system constraint discovery to determine creative architectural implementation approaches. Develop & drive module level architecture and specifications to the implementation phase including component selection, design, supervising layout and simulation, validation and system integration. Lead and direct X-functional teams to resolve critical SIPI issues. Author clear and comprehensive electrical test documentation for manufacturing partners to complete test and validation and work with them to develop new test equipment and procedures for camera module validation and production test. Develop electronic prototypes for new camera features and product concepts.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering CS/CE or industry experience equivalent
- Experience in system designs with Application processors and/or FPGA’s
- Familiarity with micro-controller and instrument programming
- Experience using Matlab and/or Labview
- Occasional travel may be required, but is not a critical component of this position.
- Additional languages a plus.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Familiar with image quality evaluation methodology and general optical metrology
- Knowledge of CMOS image sensor and camera module
- Knowledge at least one programming languages: Matlab, Python for lab equipment control, data collection and data analysis
- Experience with keynote presentation is a plus
- Knowledge of volume manufacturing is a plus