Analog Mixed/Signal IC Designer
Melbourne, Florida, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking and especially talented Analog Mixed-Signal IC Designer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Apple Silicon Engineering is seeking qualified circuit designers to work on the next generation analog & mixed-signal (AMS) circuits for Apple’s world-leading systems-on-chip (SOCs)! Apple’s Ax SOCs are the brain of every iPhone and iPad. Several types of AMS circuits are used to connect them to the physical world as well as enable optimizing their performance. You will be part of a growing AMS team involved in design and productization on leading-edge CMOS process technology nodes!
- The ideal candidate should have deep understanding of analog mixed-signal design with preferred experience in high-speed serial links.
- Solid understanding and experience of designing analog/mixed signal circuit blocks including Bandgap, biasing circuits, LDO regulators, amplifiers, comparators, switched-cap circuits, ADCs, DACs, PLLs Oscillators, Filters etc.
- In-depth knowledge of analog mixed-signal concepts like mismatch mitigation, linearity, stability, low-power and low-noise techniques
- Experience with high speed digital circuits (e.g., serializer, deserializer, counters, dividers, etc.)
- Design experience in advanced CMOS technologies,
- Knowledge of common high-speed SerDes protocols (e.g., PCIe, USB, SATA, etc.)
- Experience in the following areas desirable:
- Static timing analysis tools (e.g., Nanotime, Primetime, etc.)
- Modeling of digitally assisted analog adaptive loops (using C, Matlab or Python, etc.)
- Able to build VerilogA/AMS behavioral models
- Able to analyze and lead characterization data from lab and volume testing
- Knowledge of ESD requirements
Perform transistor-level feasibility study and modeling for various analog/mixed-signal circuit blocks Designing blocks and documenting design simulation and verification towards formal design reviews Drive mask design to implement layout views of designs and drive layout reviews Post-layout and top-level simulations to validate top-level integration Run design verification flows (e.g., electro-migration, IR drop, LEC, timing, etc) to verify design is ready for tape-out Participating in production and bench-level test plans Taking lab measurements to validate performance compliance with the spec Participating in reviewing yield/lab test results to drive bug fixes
Education & Experience
Requires BSEE with at least 3 years in related area of experience or PhD. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.