AIML - Software Engineer, Machine Learning Platform & Intelligence
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Do you want to make Siri and Apple products smarter for our users? The Search Infrastructure teams are building groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The features we build are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Siri's universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages, Music, Lookup, and News. We are looking for a software engineer to imagine and build the language model platform used by Apple engineers. This is an exciting opportunity to work on groundbreaking projects, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and drive the adoption of state-of-the-art language models.
- Ability to design resilient, scalable and performant distributed services.
- Strong coding skills.
- Experience defining and implementing API for AI models.
- Experience running and tuning inference systems.
- Autonomous: You are self-reliant and self-driven.
- Collaborative: You actively seek input, incorporate fresh perspectives, and assist other engineers. You ask for help when needed, after giving it your best effort.
- Learner: You have a growth mindset, constantly seeking self-improvement and new knowledge.
The Search Infrastructure organization is looking for a software engineer to contribute to the language model platform used by Apple engineers. We define and implement API for foundational and fine-tuned models. We work with the ML Infra team to provide the best performance and utilization out of our inference servers. Our users are Apple employees. Nice to Have Golang Protobuf, gRPC LangChain Vector stores NVIDIA Triton
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience.