Record to Report Accountant
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. At Apple, we craft products and experiences people once couldn't have envisioned, and now can't imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your ideal job. Just be prepared to dream big! We believe that collaboration is one of our key strengths, and every day we will connect you with your peers and colleagues, at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you'll be a key player within the function. As part of our Apple India team, you will work in the Global Business Solutions Record to Report (R2R) team. This is a key role in a fast-paced environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements. This role will give phenomenal exposure to not only the R2R team but also the wider Apple organisation. We are a high functioning team, so if you are flexible and passionate about interacting with a range of people locally and globally, love building positive relationships and working on impactful projects, then this position is an exciting opportunity for you!
- Excellent communication and social skills to build effective and influential relationships in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong organizational and administration skills, with ability to anticipate business needs quickly
- You will need strong analytical abilities, and should be able to evaluate, analyse and present data to a broad audience
- Meticulous attention to detail & ability to drive precise execution within ambitious time scales
- Experience in accounting standards, tax laws and compliance regulations.
Become part of our team, responsible for all accounting activities under Indian GAAP, including a timely month end close, periodic balance sheet, income statement reviews, journal voucher preparation & posting and external reporting. Liaise with Regional Leads and Accounting Hub team to ensure that there are consistent processes across all regions and treatment of corporate finance policies Responsible for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance in accounting functions. Responsible for preparation of statutory financial statements and corporate income tax return. Owning the process of external and internal audits . Liaise with Auditors for any data required and respond to queries in order to successfully complete the process on time. Participate and engage in upcoming projects & initiatives. Assisting in maintaining various accounting systems and processes in area of responsibility, creating and maintaining documentation on procedures while providing ongoing process improvement recommendations and development of automated systems. Assisting with accounting matters within the department and with other departments. Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience
Qualified Chartered Accountant with minimum 5 Years of relevant experience, proven working knowledge of SAP and MS Office applications preferred
- Big4 and/or MNC experience or experience of working in a shared services finance teams/operations.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.