Technical Experience Designer - Apple Vision Pro
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
Are you interested in joining an Emmy® Award-winning creative team building next-generation interactive experiences? At Apple, we strive to deliver surprise and delight to our millions of customers, and our team operates at the intersection of imagination and technology. This hands-on Technical Experience Designer position entails working with a dynamic, cross-discipline team to transform visionary ideas and concepts into groundbreaking consumer content. We are looking for someone ready to jump into a world of innovation and spend time in R&D—someone with a proven track record of shipping complex projects under demanding timelines. As Technical Experience Designer, you will be a bridge between the worlds of design and engineering. You will build interactive systems and bring complex story sequences to life with your well-balanced skills in scripting and programming. You will have one foot in design and the other in engineering as you work closely with a team of designers, artists, animators, engineers, and more to deliver innovative, genre-defining experiences. If you are excited by the opportunity to craft experiences that delight millions of customers, we want to hear from you!
- Passion for creating imaginative experiences powered by cutting-edge technology.
- 8+ years shipping interactive entertainment experiences.
- Shipped at least one high profile experience in a technical design or gameplay programming role.
- Expert in design philosophy for interactive entertainment experiences.
- Expert in realtime 3D game editors such as Unity, Unreal, or similar.
- Familiar with 3D Studio Max, Maya, or equivalent for level design.
- Excellent problem solving, creative thinking, communication, and presentation skills.
- Desire to grow interactive entertainment beyond traditional experiences.
- Experience in spatial computing a plus.
As a Technical Experience Designer, you will: - Implement all technical components of content, including complex story sequences and set pieces, and be responsible for the general execution of interactive beats. - Build systems and interaction mechanics in collaboration with engineering, and work closely with art and animation on complex interactive sequences. - Partner with an Experience Designer as the main point of content integration for other disciplines, and help manage experience story, structure, pacing, and flow in collaboration with a cross-discipline team. - Act as a producer for systems and mechanics, working alongside project management to ensure positive communication and problem solving between disciplines. - Work on both internal R&D prototyping and shipping projects. - Take risks and fail, then learn from those failures as part of the creative process. - Continuously look for opportunities to improve how tools and processes are executed.
Education & Experience
BSc/MSc, Game Design / Game Programming or relevant industry experience