Pixel Development Engineer - RGB and Depth Sensors
Pasadena, California, United States
Do you love taking on big challenges that require exceptionally creative solutions? Do you deeply understand how an incredible camera experience should work? As part of our Camera Technologies group, you’ll help design the innovative technology that allows each generation of Apple products to produce photos even more incredible than the last. You’ll design and develop groundbreaking ideas for everything involved in our camera systems, from sensor to lens. You’ll collaborate with teams across Apple to research, design, develop, test, and qualify camera hardware for Apple products. Together, we’ll craft a magical photography experience that redefines what millions of customers can expect from their cameras.
- You will have 5+ years of relevant experience in image sensor pixel and sensor development, sensor
- characterization, sensor bring up and debug, or wafer level testing.
- Familiar with image sensor technology, image sensor performance metrics, image sensor usage, and integration into camera systems.
- You will also be aware of general industry trends and technical challenges.
- Knowledgeable enough in all aspects of sensor usage that you can efficiently work with and support the camera team.
- Hands-on experience with silicon bringup, sensor characterization and issue debug. Ability to innovate and build new and unique solutions.
- Proficiency with data analysis tools (JMP, MATLAB, Excel, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven teamwork and leadership skills!
As an Image Sensor Product Engineer, you will responsible for: - Evaluating sophisticated pixel technology from global image sensor vendors Collaborating with global image sensor suppliers to develop new image sensors for different applications. - Working with internal and external teams to assure that sufficient and correct testing is implemented at all stages to guarantee performance. - Documenting and presenting your results to both internal and external engineering teams Cross functional collaboration to develop next generation camera products and features.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Electrical or computer engineering or a similar field is required, M.S. or Ph.D is preferred.