Senior AR Applications Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is where individual imaginations gather together, committing to the values that lead to great work. Every new product we build, service we create, or Apple Store experience we deliver is the result of us making each other’s ideas stronger. That happens because every one of us shares a belief that we can make something wonderful and share it with the world, changing lives for the better. It’s the diversity of our people and their thinking that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. When we bring everybody in, we can do the best work of our lives. Here, you’ll do more than join something — you’ll add something. Apple Vision Pro is a revolutionary spatial computer that seamlessly blends digital content with your physical space. It will allow us to do the things we love in ways never before possible — all while staying connected to the people around us. Apple’s Vision Products Group (VPG) is looking for a Senior AR Applications Engineer to help us push the limits on the next generation of interactive computing for our platform. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies in Spatial Computing. As a senior member of our organization you will develop applications for spatial computing that will delight, inspire and empower millions of people.
- 5+ years of experience in iOS development
- Attention to detail, creativity and passion.
- Proficiency in a programming language such as C, C++, C#, Objective-C, Swift, etc
- Experienced with 3D and AR application development
- Good intuition in making time vs. complexity tradeoffs.
Apple makes the newest technologies accessible to create amazing user experiences. You will have the opportunity to develop prototypes at the bleeding edge of technology to find the best experiences for our products. We work closely with Apple's Human Interface design team to define the next generation of computing. The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment. Engineers are expected to work quickly and smartly to help determine the viability of ideas and technologies. You will need a keen understanding of 3D applications and an ambition to explore a new world of uncharted possibilities. You will work closely with artists, designers and engineers to define and prove new application concepts and UX paradigms, and solve incredibly challenging and interesting problems in the spatial computing space.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- Experience developing 3D or AR/VR applications or games.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as ARKit, UIKit, Metal, Core Motion, etc.
- Familiarity with other AR SDKs such as ARCore, Vuforia or similar tools.
- Proficiency with Unity, Unreal, or similar 3D engines.
- Familiarity with game or peer-to-peer networking.
- Experience working with 3D content and content creation tools like Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, etc.
- Excellent understanding of the practical applications of 3D math and linear algebra.