Financial Cloud Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate sophisticated challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. Apple’s Services & Infrastructure Finance team is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Analyst with expert knowledge of cloud and infrastructure, who doesn’t shy away from asking the hard questions. You will be responsible for developing cost models for internal cloud services and supporting cost efficiency initiatives. This is a cross functional, where you will be working with engineers, infrastructure teams and procurement.
- 5+ years of cloud services and platforms, with exposure to large-scale internet services, cloud and/or infrastructure.
- 7+ years of proven experience within a financial team, focussed on planning analytics.
- Knowledge of physical computing infrastructure: data center facilities, power & space, networking, hardware
- Proven track record to collect, organize, and analyze large financial and operational data sets. Advanced skills in SQL and Excel.
- Great teammate with project management skills who can work well with both engineering and non-engineering groups in matrix organization
- Excellent collaborator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Own, define and create the financial models for internal cloud services • Establish standard costs for physical and virtual computing resources • Produce financial insights on cloud resource understanding and management • Conduct cost analysis across internal services and public cloud offerings (e.g. AWS, GCP). • Create and drive process implementation and new tool development. • Prepare monthly 3rd party cloud forecast spend reviews, partnering with all organization across the company, e.g. iCloud, AI-ML, R&D, Maps, Music etc.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, engineering/ computer science, or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative competence.