Haptics Hardware Electrical Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
The Haptic Engineering team develops state of the art Haptic solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone and Apple Watch. The key goal is to enable the world’s best user-experience. New challenges arise every single day that require the sharp analytical skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a highly multi-functional and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering perfection, creativity, and innovation. We are looking for a Hardware Design Engineer to own the design, development, and validation of next-generation Haptic Technologies. You will be working with different actuation and sensing technology from the concept phase to mass production. Also, you will be responsible to integrate these technologies in complex consumer electronics system.
- Strong EE, circuit, signal processing and electromagnetism background
- Good understanding of sensors and associated signal chain
- Fundamental knowledge and experience in physics, mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of statistics fundamentals
- Proficiency in MATLAB, SPICE, Simulink, or similar simulation and modeling tools
- Familiarity with modeling electro-mechanical systems
- Experience in PCB design and IC validation/bring-up is a plus
- Experience with electromagnetic or piezoelectric actuators is a plus
- Proficiency in Python/C is a plus
- Team oriented and able to thrive in a collaborative multi-functional environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This role will encompass a diverse array of responsibilities in designing the haptics subsystem, including its architecture, components selections/requirements and schematics of boards and flexible assemblies. You will work on the validation and characterization of the module including its performances and signal/power integrity and participate in the test requirements definition acting as primary responsible for failure analysis at both module and system level. You will also collaborate on proof of concept investigations on new sensing and actuator technologies, evaluating pros and cons in the context of the final user experience requirements All these duties will be performed in a cross-functional environment where you will need to interact and communicate effectively with all the other key stakeholders (e.g. industrial design, SW, FW, Mechanical engineers and Operations).
Education & Experience
MS and 3+ years of relevant experience required. PhD Preferred.