Apple Support College Program At Home Advisor - University of Texas at San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas, United States
At Apple, we believe that dedication, a lively environment, creativity and innovation fuel the ultimate customer experience. We believe each customer interaction is an opportunity to delight, engage, and inspire. By focusing on the smallest of details, we can make a huge impact with our customers! Building this environment starts with you! You are a problem solver who easily connects with others. You help friends and family troubleshoot issues and you exceed their expectations with your guidance, knowledge, and passion for technology. You are curious about why things work the way they do and are interested in using methodical troubleshooting process flows to fix hardware and software components when things go wrong. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to prioritize tasks and manage your time. You can multitask across systems and applications, analyze, isolate and resolve various technical issues. You have the potential to thoughtfully engage, explaining step-by-step solutions with patience and an approach tailored to each individual customer. You’re not only here to help fix technical issues but also provide an incredible customer experience. If this sounds like you, you could be the next Apple Support College Advisor.
- Passion for customer service and ownership of the customer experience, including comprehensive issue resolution
- Approach opportunities flexibly and with good judgment
- Model high standards and demonstrate quality, honesty and accountability
- Able to navigate difficult conversations and display resilience after challenging situations
- Potential to effectively tailor communication and style to differing audiences
- Able to self-manage and work independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Thrive on a team where expertise is shared and feedback is welcome
- Effective time management, including ability to multitask, organize and prioritize
- Able to research and grasp technical information across multiple tools while respecting customer privacy
- iOS, Smartphone, Tablet, PC or Mac experience
- Aptitude for acquiring skills in technical troubleshooting and an eagerness to learn and take on new challenges
- Makes space to listen, learn, and amplify diverse perspectives and experience
- Actively seeks out opportunities to champion and celebrate inclusion and diversity
At Apple, we believe our diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and passions help us create the ideas that move all of us forward. As an Apple Support College Advisor, your voice is critical in supporting many of our popular products, including iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, iMacs, and more. As our customers’ first point of contact, you’ll be the friendly voice of Apple, providing world-class customer service, troubleshooting, and technical support. We’ll rely on you to listen to our customers and use your technical expertise, creativity, passion, and our documented troubleshooting flow to meet their needs — and remind them that behind our great products are amazing people. We’ll train you to be the best. This position comes with competitive pay, great benefits, eligibility to participate in our company stock plan, time off, an employee discount, and dedicated resources to support your ongoing growth and career development. We’re committed to helping employees explore their potential. Inclusion is a shared responsibility, and we hold ourselves and one another accountable for fostering a culture where everyone feels seen, heard and inspired to do their best work.
Education & Experience
Must be enrolled in at least one class at a four-year accredited university in the U.S. pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher through December of 2025 or later Technical, business and communications majors preferred 2.7 GPA preferred
- Available to attend nine weeks of required part-time virtual training on a fixed schedule that includes weekends (summer training schedules may vary)
- Flexible to work three, four hours shifts, during the week between the hours of 4:00 p.m. CST and 10:30 p.m. CST and one eight hour shift on the weekend, primarily Saturdays, between the hours of 7:00 a.m CST and 10:30 p.m. CST, including holidays
- Able to flex up or down in weekly hours when school is not in session based on business needs
- Successful completion of a pre-employment assessment and background check
- Successful completion of initial training
- Able to meet minimum typing speed of 40 WPM while talking with customers
- A quiet workspace, ergonomic chair, and desk
- A hard-wired internet connection directly from a provider with a minimum download speed of 10 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload at your address, with less than 150 ms latency. Internet must be hardwired to the home as well as to the equipment provided. A wireless connection to the Apple equipment is not allowed under any circumstances.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally-protected characteristics.
- Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.