Senior Machine Learning Engineer (MSO)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Our ever-evolving suite of Heath and Wellness products for iPhone and Watch are helping our users live more active, healthier lives. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same dedication to innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. AC Wellness Network LLC is a subsidiary of Apple Inc. and is the dedicated management services organization (MSO) for AC Wellness, a dedicated independent medical group that serves Apple Wellness Centers in Santa Clara Valley. Our mission is to deliver the world’s best healthcare experiences for Apple employees. The team is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer for our DS & ML team. You will be working on machine learning models that support our Health projects at the intersection of medical care delivery and cutting-edge technologies such as BERT models and LLMs. You’ll be delivering high quality ML into a live Production setting as well as helping us manage and grow the data ecosystem that drives our organization, all while working with a talented, diverse, and passionate team.
- 6+ years experience in a data science, machine learning, and model development and deployment.
- Superb communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in programming with Python, Pandas, and SQL.
- Familiarity with modern NLP tools and techniques including BERT, LLMs etc. Strong background in this area preferred.
- Familiarity with AWS tools for machine learning, analytics, and data manipulation.
We need a talented machine learning engineer/data scientist to join our tight-knit team to deliver ML models that operate on human dialog content, medical records, and time-series data. Our org is a fast-paced environment that operates in a strongly privacy-focused, and rapidly-evolving domain. The ideal candidate will have the ability to conduct self-directed investigation into deep ML problems and come back with robust, workable solutions that can be delivered to customers. They’ll be comfortable collaborating with software engineers, data engineers, and other data scientists on Agile projects in a setting of mutual respect. They’ll also be comfortable working with a broad range of stakeholders, some of whom are not technical but have deep skills in other domains. A strong candidate will have the skills to communicate their work clearly to their colleagues and to guide engineers on product teams to the right ML solutions to solve problems, whether in terms of model choice or deployment methodology. They’ll also be ready to participate in managing the data ecosystem that drives our org to make sure that the data we’re using makes sense. We’re looking for someone who prides themselves on having adaptable intelligence, a strong team spirit, and who delight in figuring out pragmatic solutions that will touch thousands of lives.
Education & Experience
• Minimum of a Masters Degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, or a related field. • Alternatively, a comparable industry career with significant healthcare experience in machine learning and analytics.
- • Familiarity with AWS tools for machine learning, analytics, and data manipulation.
- • Comfort with working in a fast-paced environment where collaboration between teams is critical.
- • An understanding of ML model measurement and assessment. Skills in RLHF are considered a plus.
- • A real passion for innovation and have a knack for seeing around corners.
- • This is a site based role.