System Software Engineer - Apple Vision Pro
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is where individual imaginations gather together, committing to the values that lead to great work. Every new product we build, service we create, or Apple Store experience we deliver is the result of us making each other’s ideas stronger. That happens because every one of us shares a belief that we can make something wonderful and share it with the world, changing lives for the better. It’s the diversity of our people and their thinking that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. When we bring everybody in, we can do the best work of our lives. Here, you’ll do more than join something — you’ll add something. Apple Vision Pro is a revolutionary spatial computer that seamlessly blends digital content with your physical space. It will allow us to do the things we love in ways never before possible — all while staying connected to the people around us. We are looking for an exceptional engineer to help architect and implement latency-critical system software. As a member of our fast-paced and collaborative group, you will have the unique and exciting opportunity to design and build core foundational frameworks for Apple's revolutionary AR/VR spatial computing roadmap.
- 6+ years of technical experience required
- Proficiency in writing production quality C/C++ code
- Experience with multi-threaded and multi-process designs, performance analysis and optimization
- Deep understanding of operating system fundamentals
- Creative and critical thinking capabilities and debugging skills
Are you interested in working on spatial computing, augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technology? Are you driven by innovation? Are you passionate about creating and delivering ground-breaking products and services? Do you want to work on something impactful that enhances the life of millions of customers? If that sounds like you, look no further! You will engage and drive cross-functional consensus to support product requirements. You will drive performance analysis and optimization of your code. You will contribute to the software architecture and influence key decisions with regards to performance and power trade-offs in a resource-constrained system.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience/skills
- While we don't expect you to have familiarity with following technologies, we’re looking for candidates eager to learn and innovate in these areas:
- - Experience real-time, safety-critical systems or virtualization technologies is a plus
- - Familiarity with system software stack for complex compute nodes (GPU, Neural Engine etc)