Culver City, California, United States
At Beats by Dre, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and consumer experiences very quickly. If you bring passion and dedication to your job, then there's no telling what you can accomplish. Beats by Dre is looking for a Packaging Producer to oversee packaging across NPI, Line Extensions, Drops, and Customs. This role will work hands on with marketing, engineering, design, and product teams from inception to delivery.
- 5+ years packaging production experience.
- Creative, production and project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and manage design files within the Adobe suite.
- Highly adaptive, able to identify issues and proactively problem solve.
- An agile self-starter, results oriented and work through ambiguity.
- Drive execution, foster innovation and collaborate well with others.
- Ability to maintain momentum on projects with excellent attention to detail from inception to completion.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects within a fast-paced environment and change priorities rapidly as required by the business.
- Calm under pressure while exuding competence with a “can do” attitude.
- Communicates effectively (written and oral) with all cross functional contacts (internal and external).
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Hungry and curious - constantly bringing new insights, ideas and opportunities to the brand.
- Passion for a brand that moves fast and shapes culture.
- Experience working with a category leading brand(s).
- Agency experience preferred.
- Graphic Design background preferred.
Oversee customs packaging initiatives from brief through execution by initiating and maintaining timelines and breakthroughs. Intake packaging requests from the core team or other cross-functional members within marketing & product. Compile information from key partners to formulate the brief and overall strategy for packaging projects considering bandwidth and resources. Work with requestor, brand design, vendors and any other cross-functional members to oversee packaging programs from inception to final delivery. Manage timelines, partners, designers, vendors, estimates, budgets, sampling, production & leadership approvals. Ensure that all programs are implemented flawlessly according to Apple’s quality standards and integrate environmentally responsible solutions as much as possible. Manage relationships with current (and new) packaging suppliers and vendors, including: production of digital or 3D renders, designs and physical samples, and on-site visits for inspections and pack-outs. Help manage seeding lists and oversee final distribution of all finished goods. Logistics - In addition to developing the packaging, it is necessary to deliver the final products on time. The Packaging Producer will work with our Logistics teams and vendors to ensure timely delivery. Ensure timely & accurate file hand-offs between marketing and engineering. Partner with design & engineering to propose packaging sleeve designs that meet feasibility & cost requirements. Work closely with product team to ensure packaging delivers on features messaging and strategically fits within the overall product portfolio. Oversee in-box components, working closely with Beats digital, and other Apple business units when applicable. Propose process solutions with the goal of continuing to optimize workflow.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred