Software engineer - Maps Display Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps is a major component of Apple's ecosystem supporting hundreds of millions of devices across the globe. The Maps Services team develops and maintains many customer facing services that provide Maps capabilities to our users. These systems handle millions of requests per second, from all parts of the world, at all times of the day. We are looking for a software engineer familiar with computational geometry for a server-side role building the next generation of Apple Maps.
- Strong knowledge of Java (preferred) or Scala or Kotlin C++
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Familiarity with computational geometry (from maps, games, computer graphics, or simulation).
- Experience working on large, dynamic projects with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with distributed computing (Apache Spark or Hadoop).
Apple Maps is constantly improving and adding new features. Join our server-side vector tiles team and help make it happen! Your work will merge art and science, bringing together geometry algorithms, cartography, and distributed computing. The work environment is fast-paced and dynamic, with a good work-life balance. You’ll write robust and performant software that processes an entire world’s worth of information to produce data used by millions of people every day.
Education & Experience
MS in computer science or equivalent experience.