Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Safari and WebKit team is looking for a Screener/QA Engineer to help deliver the next generation Safari browser to customers on both iOS and macOS. We're looking for critical problem solvers to play a key role qualifying Safari software releases and ensuring a high-quality customer experience. We need someone who will thrive working in an exciting environment with constantly evolving priorities, and someone creative and inspired to invent new ways to help build better products.
- As a Screener/QA Engineer on the Safari and WebKit team, you will be responsible for triaging bugs in Safari browser, as well as bugs in WebKit framework in products such as: iTunes, Mail, and Messages.
- Ability to apply basic debugging and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with QA methodologies.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working with Git or other source control systems.
- Familiarity with automated functional or performance testing.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Web browser experience a plus.
In this role, you will help us screen incoming bugs, run a large queue in a timely manner, reduce them to practical steps, and assign them to appropriate engineers. Excellent communication skills are a must, due to the close interaction with the engineering teams, management, and program office within Apple.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent.