Austin, Texas, United States
Machine Learning and AI
At Apple, we believe in the power of technology to enrich people's lives. Everything we build is crafted to empower people, including our advertising platform. We deliver ads in a way that benefits both customers and advertisers — helping people discover content, supporting creators, and protecting and respecting everyone’s privacy. Our technology makes advertising possible on the App Store, Apple News, Stocks, and Apple TV. We help developers and marketers of all sizes drive app discovery across the App Store. Our display ads on Apple News and Stocks let advertisers promote their products alongside trusted content in a brand-safe environment, while supporting publishers and journalists. Sponsorship integrations and experiences in live sports on Apple TV help advertisers connect with captivated audiences. Everything we do is with the unwavering dedication to privacy you expect from Apple. Because when advertising is done right, it benefits everyone. The Ad Platforms Data Insights team is seeking an ML Data Scientist to join the Product and Customer Analytics Team. The team is passionate about developing the next generation of analytical solutions working with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product, and Engineering. In this role you will work as a key member of a data-centric team to drive the exploration, analysis, development, execution, and measurement of analytical solutions that are crucial to running the business. Responsibilities include turning the huge amounts of data generated by user searches, app content, and App Store context into business insights that improve the customer experience for the end-user as well as drive discovery and efficiency for app developers.
- KEY QUALIFICATIONS
- - Experience in a data science role - preferably in the digital advertising industry and/or product analytics with hands on experience working with clickstream data and/or A/B experimentation.
- - Ability to operate comfortably and successfully in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional, constantly evolving environment.
- - Programming skills in Python and SQL, and experience with AWS, Snowflake, Spark and Tableau.
- - Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner with product and leadership teams to influence the overall strategy of the product.
- - Ability to work optimally with engineering partners to meet the data needs of the business, translating business needs into analytical requirements.
- - Experience in sophisticated quantitative analysis including regression, classification, clustering, and time-series analyses.
- - Comfortable working with modern data technologies. Familiarity with database modeling and data warehousing principles.
- - Practical experience in conducting experiments on large datasets.
A successful candidate will have deep experience in applied methods (predictive modeling, classification, product feature impact measurement), experience building reporting dashboards, and using those methods and tools to drive key business insights. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms, strong eye for business, and creativity to invent and customize when vital. Collaborate with a broad range of data professionals as well as business leaders, focusing on projects where tools and methods are used to drive real-world business value. Successful analytics teams involve data scientists and data engineers working hand in hand to build informative and efficient solutions. In your role, you will be a key player in a multi-functional team that delivers insights that have direct and measurable impact. We're looking for an inquisitive, collaborative, and hard-working person to join this amazing team.
Education & Experience
Background in computer science, mathematics, or similar quantitative field with a minimum of 6 years professional experience. Graduate degrees in these fields a plus.