AIML - Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Siri Knowledge Platforms
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Machine Learning and AI
Play a meaningful role in revolutionising how people use their computers and mobile devices, build ground breaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing & artificial intelligence and work with the teams building the most scalable big-data systems in existence.
- Excellent knowledge of one or more of the following: Kubernetes, containerisation systems, and/or public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP).
- Strong sense of ownership and integrity proven through clear communication and collaboration.
- Proficiency programming in Go, Python, or similar language to automate tasks.
- Hands-on experience managing large numbers of diverse systems with configuration management or software delivery platforms (such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and Spinnaker).
- Familiarity with disaster recovery and capacity planning.
- Solid understanding of multi-tier applications and their dependencies including load balancing, TCP/IP networking, web services, LDAP and DNS.
- Proficiency with web server administration including Apache and Nginx.
- Knowledge of database design, support and administration including Postgres, MySQL, and HBase. Network administration and troubleshooting.
- Good interpersonal skills shown through previous projects or assignments
As an SRE in the AI/ML organisation within Apple, you will be directly responsible for the infrastructure that powers Siri, search, and other high-impact user-facing solutions running on millions of Apple devices worldwide. You will strive to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of a 24/7 global service. You will participate in on-call rotations—we have geographically distributed SRE teams for follow-the-sun support. Your strong troubleshooting ability will be used daily to isolate issues and resolve the root cause through investigative analysis. The role also requires building and maintaining accurate, up-to-date documentation reflecting configuration, providing code reviews, and mentoring new team members. An ideal candidate is an independent problem-solver who is focused and capable of exhibiting deftness to handle multiple simultaneous competing priorities and deliver solutions in a timely manner.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace