Head of Strategy, Apple Services Content Design
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
The Product & Design team supports Apple Services broadly and shapes user experiences across all our products. We focus on how people consume, create and connect across all our applications. We are currently seeking a Head of Strategy to lead a team of strategists and to build a strategy practice. You will lead the briefing and execution around brand platforms and some content features. This role will cover many lines of business within Apple Services and will be responsible for crafting strategies that empower design teams to make best products and best position them to users. It requires an ability to spot and articulate the right approach when many strategies are possible; and a deep understanding of the many modern media contexts in which our products live. Your ideas and vision can shape the way people consume and create media through our products, what those products look and feel like, and how they’re used by millions of people across the world.
- Demonstrated ability working as a strategy leader, with a proven track record in brand strategy, interactive design, media, and/or consumer applications
- Deep expertise and understanding of media verticals and business models, including TV, Music, Podcasts, Books, News, and/or other related businesses
- Experience in establishing, growing and leading teams
- Equally comfortable translating business and experience objectives or inputs into nuanced creative strategies that lead to outstanding design work
- Strength in leading strategic conversations with a wide range of people in different teams, including business leads, media experts, and creative partners and impacting cross-functional decision making
- Extraordinary writing, story-telling, and presentation skills and the ability and desire to grow those skills in others
- A passion for technology with a critical point of view on its impact on people’s lives
- A born collaborator, able to thrive in ambiguity
- Enjoys forging relationships across a large organization and aligning teams around a vision
You will be joining a design team that partners closely with business leaders to develop service brands, launch new features and support first-party and partner content cross-functionally. In this role, you will help design the future of content-driven product features and programs, blending cultural, behavioral and technological insights to fuel ideation across projects. You will craft briefs to inspire meaningful work that evolves the experience for our users have, working with product and business leads on each of our services. You will identify opportunities for growth and innovation across our services portfolio; opportunities to reach new audiences, drive new interest, and connect with new cultures. You will touch innovation projects daily. Your work will be integral to how users interact with our products every day as well as where the products will be years from now. You will partner with stellar creators of all types (writers, producers, designers, motion artists, etc...) to do the best work of your life.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred At least 10+ years of experience with at least 5 as a people leader