Accessories Firmware Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Are you a software engineer who regularly finds themselves tinkering with hardware? As a hardware engineer, do you love working on complete systems? Apple’s Hardware Engineering organization is looking for someone creative and passionate about both software and hardware. We seek a talented design engineer to work with cross-functional groups to continually push the envelope of the technology implemented in Apple products within the realm of embedded systems.
- Accomplished programming skill in C/C++/Python in academia or industry.
- Four or more years of programming experience using version control and modern software development practices.
- Experience with embedded systems development, microcontrollers or firmware programming.
- A solid understanding of embedded computer systems architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both one-on-one and in group settings.
- Ability to read electrical engineering schematics and component data sheets. Strong analytical and software debugging skills with an eye to analyze and summarize data from logs or experiments.
- Mac OSX and/or iOS programming experience is a plus.
- Experience with board design, schematic capture or FPGA programming is also a plus.
You will be responsible for one or more of the following activities: Writing low-level software used in accessory firmware products. Implementing software designs for tools used in developing & validating hardware designs. Providing software to enable the prototyping and evaluation of new hardware technologies and designs. Supporting product development activities taking place locally and at our partners’ facilities abroad.
Education & Experience
BS/CS/EE/CE or relevant work experience.