Senior AR Software Engineer - Apple Vision Pro
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is where individual imaginations gather together, committing to the values that lead to great work. Every new product we build, service we create, or Apple Store experience we deliver is the result of us making each other’s ideas stronger. That happens because every one of us shares a belief that we can make something wonderful and share it with the world, changing lives for the better. It’s the diversity of our people and their thinking that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. When we bring everybody in, we can do the best work of our lives. Here, you’ll do more than join something — you’ll add something. Apple Vision Pro is a revolutionary spatial computer that seamlessly blends digital content with your physical space. It will allow us to do the things we love in ways never before possible — all while staying connected to the people around us. Applications and experiences are at the core of unleashing the potential of Spatial Computing on Apple’s platforms. As a member of our team, you will be at the forefront of ideating, developing, and shipping groundbreaking experiences that build on top of the unique capabilities of Spatial Computing across a variety of areas. Our applications engineering team is uniquely positioned at the intersection of design, frameworks, operating systems, and low-level software — by joining us you will work closely with peers across these functions to deliver life-changing products to our customers. This team is working with some of Apple’s most advanced technologies including Spatial Computing, augmented reality (AR), machine learning (ML), and computer vision (CV).
- Extensive track record of building and shipping complex applications or user facing systems on consumer platforms
- Strong command of object-oriented programming (C / C++ / Obj-C / Swift preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of application software design principles
- Demonstrated technical leadership in building and shipping high quality software
- Demonstrated ability to communication and collaborate across team boundaries
The ideal candidate for this role is driven by a need to explore how the intersection of hardware and software engineering can empower novel methods of human expression. You love working in uncharted territory and answering questions through prototyping and experimentation. You demonstrate an ability to translate your prototypes into a single clear direction that allows you and your teammates to innovate down to the details. You respect debate and enjoy working within groups of different technical and non-technical backgrounds and diverse opinions.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Released API based on modern design principles to other engineering teams (preferred)
- Experience with recommendation systems is a plus
- Experience with computer vision frameworks and multi-modal ML systems is a plus