Algorithms Engineer - Video Processing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine the impact you can make. A billion users will use the technologies you helped build almost daily. At Apple, you will have the opportunity to work on products that are always leaders in the industry and occasionally, change the world! The Video Engineering group at Apple is responsible for developing image/video core technologies used in almost all Apple products and services. In this role, you will develop algorithms and frameworks for image and video processing, implement features for high dynamic range video (HDR) and stereo video, create future video standards. You will work on the video/image subsystem, feature development, performance, and power optimization on various state of the art systems.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experienced in assessing visual quality using both objective metrics and subjective techniques
- Familiarity with video post processing algorithms such as tone mapping, gamut remapping, scaling
- Validated programming skills and C/C++ coding abilities
- Experience with HDR video processing, Color Science and 3D vision is a huge plus
- Good written and oral interpersonal skills
You will lead and develop video processing algorithms and software features in collaboration with multiple teams. You will also work on prototyping features for future products and design, improve and maintain the software infrastructure across multiple platforms and write and improve new testing tools. Multi-functional collaboration is key to this role along with strong team spirit. This position requires a highly self-directed individual with strong creative and analytic skills, and a passion for applying deep learning technologies in video processing and low level vision tasks.
Education & Experience
PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or MS plus 3 year related work experience.