Apple News Politics Editor
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
Apple News provides millions of users with trusted journalism from leading publishers around the globe. Editors at Apple News highlight the best and most engaging content for our large national audience. In this role, you will own daily curation of politics news and lead our election coverage. You will work with internal and external partners to ensure Apple News remains a go-to destination for trusted election information.
- 10+ years covering U.S. politics and elections, with a keen understanding of the information that matters to readers
- Newsroom leadership, directing strategy and driving innovation
- Strong, nonpartisan editorial judgement and excellent writing skills; can make curation decisions independently on deadlines
- Experience with breaking news and filing clear, concise copy quickly, including headlines and push notifications
- Fluency with data and analytics; can responsibly incorporate user behavior into your strategy
- Select articles for daily featuring across the app and off-platform with an emphasis on quality, accuracy, and engagement. - Write sharp and engaging copy with the Apple News audience in mind. - Top-edit copy written by other Apple News editors. - Be prepared to work nights when needed for debates, conventions, and elections.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred