Mechanical Design Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in cultivating excellence, creativity and innovation. Excellent opportunity to join our Mechanical Design team. The successful candidates will be involved in new module technologies research and development. They will engage in design review, Design For Manufacturing (DFM) reviews and have opportunity to demonstrate innovation, design and management of process tooling fabrication.
- Minimum 2 years experience in mechanical design of products, module, jigs and fixtures
- Hands on skill on 3D and 2D CAD design software, like NX, Solidworks or ProE/Creo
- Solid understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals: properties of materials, solid mechanics, beam statics, Newtonian physics, and thermodynamics
- Familiar with Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), stack up tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing
- Understanding of design interaction with application condition, in process or reliability (temperature, force applied, cleanroom, humidity etc.)
- Passionate about development, and end product and application of camera and optical modules.
- Experience with testing, reliability and qualification of product
- Self motivated, team player, good written and verbal communication skill
- Good to have any one or two of the following experience:
- Experience on Ansys and similar simulation tools
- Experience of fabrication methods of tooling, jigs and fixtures. (Metal and plastic material part fabrication)
- Experience in designing tooling, jigs and fixtures for K&S, Datacon, ASM or similar semiconductor packaging equipment platforms.
- Designing of tooling and Jig & Fixtures to support in-house prototyping builds - Perform DFM, mechanical simulation and stack up/tolerance analysis and presentation to cross functional team - Study and understand the project process flow and propose innovative tooling, jigs & fixtures - Research and recommend suitable manufacturing techniques and materials for tooling and jigs and fixtures - Generate detail-oriented 2D drawings with all the fabrication process, material and finishing standards with detailed GD&T techniques - Will be working closely with tooling vendor to fabricate new tooling, trouble shoot, repair and rework the any existing tooling. - Manage the tooling vendor and tooling delivery date to meet the project dates
Education & Experience
Bachelor/Master of Science in Mechanical engineering or equivalent