Software Integrity Engineer, Photos
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple you can be your best creative and professional self. The Camera & Photos team is devoted to fusing powerful hardware with exceptional software to enable millions to capture, preserve, and share cherished moments with their loved ones. Upholding the quality that epitomizes the Apple Promise requires a dedicated team of champions, and you could be one of them! The Photos Quality Engineering team is seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join us in our commitment to deliver great photography software. While collaborating within and across teams you‘ll play key roles in defining and ensuring the quality of our application, from black-box user experiences to low-level data validity, on device and in the cloud. This is your chance to put those natural instincts to work in the products you already use and love!
- Experience in software test engineering, employing both manual and automated methods
- Strong experience in writing and running test plans; discovering and documenting software and hardware defects; prioritizing and escalating problems to peers and management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to summarize technical issues in concise and clear ways
- Familiarity with Apple's hardware and software ecosystem
- A passion for delivering quality and bringing innovative solutions to testing needs
- Love for photography, both still and moving images, and a drive to improve and celebrate it
As an experienced software integrity engineer, your responsibilities will focus on functional, regression and integration testing for the Photos application on our platforms, including, macOS, iOS, iPadOS, and tvOS. With a supportive team, you will independently investigate, triage and escalate hard problems. Daily work focuses on iterative software validation, of existing and new features & technologies, while working closely with others to deliver timely and focused test results. The work environment demands balancing differing phases of multiple concurrent projects. Accountable for monitoring and triaging automation results. Excellent communication skills are needed due to the extensive collaboration with others.
Education & Experience
Formal education qualifications are less important than a great mindset and demonstrated ability.
- While not strictly required there are other aspects and experiences that could make this position more attractive to some candidates:
- - Demonstrated leadership in guiding a team through the testing and delivery of interdependent features, with a pronounced sense of accountability for the results
- - Testing with digital media, including image & video editing, with an eye for evaluating photographic quality and the utility of different media formats
- - Proficiency in using common shell commands and a comfort level with CLI-based testing approaches
- - Familiarity with Python, XCTest, remote VM testing, and general CI processes
- - A high level of comfort in expressing well-thought-out opinions, a meticulous attention to detail, and a commitment to aligning with the overarching vision.