Software QA, Photos
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple you can be your best creative and professional self. On the Camera & Photos team, putting the fusion of powerful hardware and fantastic software in the hands of millions is our purpose and passion - from capturing those special moments to preserving and sharing those memories to family and friends. To power this world-class experience it takes a dedicated team to ensure that quality never falls short of the Apple Promise. You can be one of those champions! The Photos Quality Engineering team is seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join us in our commitment to deliver great photography software. While collaborating within and across teams you‘ll play key roles in defining and ensuring the quality of our application, from black-box user experiences to low-level data validity, on device and in the cloud. This is your chance to put those natural instincts to work in the products you already use and love!
- 3+ years of experience in consumer software test engineering, using both manual and automated methods
- Strong experience in writing and running test plans; discovering and documenting software and hardware defects; prioritizing and escalating problems to peers and management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and comfortable with technical brevity
- Confidently familiar with Apple’s hardware and software ecosystem
- A passion for delivering quality while learning and thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Love for photography - the still and moving image - and all the ways to improve and celebrate it
Your responsibilities as an experienced software integrity engineer will focus on functional, regression and integration UI testing for the Photos application on our platforms, eg, macOS, tvOS, iOS and iPadOS. In a supportive cohort, you will independently investigate, triage and escalate hard problems. Daily work focuses on iterative software validation, of existing and new features & technologies, while working closely with others to deliver timely and focused test updates. The work environment demands balancing differing phases of multiple concurrent projects. Accountable for monitoring and triaging automation results. Excellent communication skills are needed due to the extensive collaboration with others.
Education & Experience
Formal education qualifications are less important than a great mindset and demonstrated ability.
- While not strictly required there are other aspects and experiences that could make this position more attractive to some candidates:
- - Leading a team of peers in testing and delivering spec-driven interdependent features with a strong sense of ownership in the outcome
- - Testing with digital media acquisition, augmentation & editing, with an eye for evaluating photographic attractiveness and the utility of different media formats
- - Effective navigation and use of common shell commands and comfort with CLI approaches to testing
- - Some proficiency in Python, XCTest, remote VM testing and general CI processes
- - Very comfortable sharing considered opinions, taking the time to get details right, and staying true to the bigger picture