Senior Application Backend Engineer, Content Partner Applications
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
As part of Apple Services Engineering (ASE) organization, the Content Partner Application team is one of the most exciting examples of Apple’s long-held passion for combining art and technology. This is the team that is responsible for providing analytical insights to content partners such as App Developers, Music Artists and Podcast Artists. The scale and reach of what this team builds is huge, for example App Analytics is used by iOS app developers worldwide to track key performance indicators for their apps, Similarly, Apple Music for Artists serves music artists worldwide who publish their songs on Apple Music. While our reach is large, the team is small, nimble, and cross-functional.\ As our charter grows, we are looking for an experienced Application Backend Engineer to join our team. By joining us your innovative ideas will impact millions of users worldwide and you will contribute to Apple’s magic.
- Proven track record in designing and developing backend applications for external customers, implemented in Java or similar JVM based technology.
- Prior experience in building server-side reusable components or functionalities preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and prior experience of Web Services, Cloud architecture and Micro-services concepts such as RESTful API.
- Comfortable and effective working in an Agile development environment.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills. Comfortable working with globally distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Prior experience in providing technical leadership, resolving conflicts, mentoring junior engineers and driving results
We’re a team of full stack engineers (frontend and backend). We build web and iOS applications that are used by music artists, podcasters and app developers. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development, from design and analysis to development, implementation and maintenance. You will work cross-functionally to implement new product features, improves existing features, and add performance and software quality metrics to our codebase.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years of experience
- Large scale distributed system design and architecture
- Java web-service stack frameworks
- Best practices in enterprise level Java development
- Familiar with test driven development and testing automation
- Familiar with large scale (SQL & no-SQL) datastore and query engine e.g. Cassandra.