Car Experience System Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to solve hard problems to ensure that our customers have a seamless experience with our products? Quality is a critical aspect of everything we do and as a System Quality Engineer in Apple's Car Experience Quality team, you'll be working within a collaborative environment to continue our culture of delivering high quality products in the automotive domain. Our team collaborates cross-functionally on complex problems, to which we identify and implement creative solutions, while keeping the customer focus at the top of our deliverables. You should be self-motivated, effective at communication, have deep familiarity with testing of software and/or hardware products, and resourceful at coming up with creative solutions to multi-dimensional problems. Come join our team and make a positive impact on the direction of new technologies!
- System level understanding: Experience with functional and API level testing of technologies such as USB, Bluetooth, and WiFi, as well as experience with scripting.
- Customer Focused: Have a passion for the customer experience of our products and how we can continue to improve it.
- Great Teammate: Excellent cross-functional communication and effective at building relationships to collaborate and influence projects.
- Technical Agility: Ready to dive into technical areas when needed, but also having the ability to discuss these topics to a non-technical audience both inside and outside of Apple.
- Continuous Learning: Technically curious and making use of available resources to learn about new technology domains.
- Executive Presence: Ability to summarize key points while relaying how they affect the customer experience and how they impact Apple’s business.
- Wireless Background: Working understanding of fundamentals of 802.11 WLAN/WiFi and/or Bluetooth protocol; hands on experience testing in wireless environments is strongly preferred.
The Car Experience Quality team is searching for a creative and motivated System Quality Engineer with background in testing end-to-end systems, including wireless technology. This position requires an individual with strong technical skills which will be used to work cross-functionally, to collaborate with other engineering and QA teams to design, implement, and deploy solutions on behalf of the team. You should have a self starter mentality with strong communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, patience, and a passion for how customers use our products.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience