Hardware System Integration Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
At Apple, new ideas have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Shipping a refined, polished product is a hallmark of Apple The Engineering Support Services team consists of exceptional EPMs, Engineers & Engineering Technicians who help product development engineers bring products from an idea to a final, fully polished Apple product. Supporting the entire Apple product portfolio, including but not limited to Mac, iPad, iPhone, Home, Watch, Accessories and Vision Pro, we collaborate with multi-functional teams such as electrical engineering, product design, program management, software engineering, technologies and manufacturing. Will you help us deliver the next generation of amazing Apple products? We are an equal opportunity team — you will have the chance to be a part of something great!
- 7+ years of experience as a hands on electrical engineer in designing high volume products from proof of concept to mass production
- Strong knowledge of layout strategies for PCB, Rigid PCB, Flex, and Rigid-Flex including material selection, stack-up planning, EMI minimization, signal integrity, noise suppression and design for manufacturing, testing and reliability
- Expertise in prototype bring-up, electrical measurements, debugging and functional verification
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB physical design using Cadence Concept and Allegro or similar CAD tools
- Knowledge of SMT process including BGA and fine pitch soldering rework process.
- Solid electrical engineering fundamentals covering both analog and digital concepts such as power and data converters, amplifiers, high-speed serial and memory interfaces, digital logic, RF/wireless and signal integrity
- Strong communication and organization skills, including ability to manage multiple workflows or projects simultaneously
- Overtime and weekend work may be necessary during the critical stages of development.
- Prototype bring-up, debug, functional verification, and electrical characterization - Manage engineering builds by partnering with and driving communications among cross-functional teams to solve new product development challenges. - Define, recommend, and implement component level reworks in partnership with internal engineering teams. - Develop and implement automated PCBA and system level processes to increase yields and throughput. - Support system and board level debug, rework, assembly and reworks on prototype hardware. - Track, report, and identify quality issues and/or failure trends. - Work closely with technicians and engineers to ensure the prompt and accurate completion of work - Domestic or International travel may be required
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE. 7+ years in consumer electronics industry experience desirable