GPU Physical Design Intern
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking and hardworking student. As a member of our group, you will have the rare and great opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Apple’s GPU Hardware Tech team are responsible for the outstanding graphics in Apple’s chips which power our iconic products such as Apple Mac, Apple Watch, Apple TV, iPhone and iPad. We have unique career opportunity for an intern to join us in Cambridge the learn about us and to apply their knowledge in developing Apple’s cutting-edge GPUs.
- Understanding of ASIC design and digital design techniques
- Circuit design and layout knowledge is beneficial
- Some scripting/programming knowledge i.e. knowledge of TCL/Perl
- Understanding of Verilog/VHDL would be a plus
- Ideally familiar with the Physical Design process and interested in areas like Synthesis, Place and Route (PnR), and Static Timing Analysis (STA)
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Eagerness to learn new things and take up new challenges
- Be a team worker with strong interpersonal skills
As an intern you will join the GPU PD team, working on the physical design of new Apple products and will have the opportunity to see how a modern ASIC design flow works. With mentorship, you will work through all the aspects of physical design from the floorplanning of blocks, placement and routing. You will work with engineers to identify key metrics and analyse results then help write scripts to automate flows and help to improve these key metrics. You will utilise the latest technologies and learn from experienced engineers. Partnering with the RTL Design teams will be key to understand chip architecture and how physical design needs to work with these teams to achieve world beating results. Are you a confident problem solver who thrives under pressure to find new, creative solutions? Are you ready to help chart the future of Apple's ecosystem? If so, we are excited to hear from you!
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your penultimate year of studies in a CE, EE, CS or related field.