Australia/NZ Carrier Account Manager
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products, we build the kind of wonder that revolutionise entire industries. Imagine what you could do here! Join our Sydney-based Wireless Technology and Ecosystems Carrier Engineering team and drive innovation that matters! We create and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. If you're passionate about cellular and wireless technology, we may have the job for you. The Carrier Account Manager (CAM) is charged with taking cellular Apple products through technical approvals with wireless carriers. CAM’s are responsible for the day-to-day engineering and programme interactions with their carriers.
- Minimum of 8 years prior experience working on mobile phones or similar products that operate on cellular networks
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience working with one or more carriers to deliver products that operate on their network, including supporting lab/field testing
- Solid understanding of wireless technologies: GSM, UMTS, LTE-FDD, LTE-TDD, 5G
- Solid understanding of IP technologies: VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling
- Familiarity with network features and current deployments across Australia/NZ carrier networks
- Knowledge of carrier device certification processes
- Knowledge of Australia/NZ device certification requirements and processes
- Outstanding verbal and written command of the English language.
- Strong issue tracking/management abilities
- Fluent in software engineering processes with considerable experience with the software development life-cycle up to and including release to customers
- An ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and being able to clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and a desire to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our carriers and customers
- Willingness to travel, domestically and internationally, as necessary
CAMs are responsible for the introduction and trial of new wireless technologies and network-impacting features in Apple products. CAMs analyse network features and operator requirements and provide feedback to cross-functional engineering teams both within Australia and Cupertino. CAMs manage the investigation of carrier issues and partner closely with carrier personnel and our wireless development teams to track and ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Science or Computer Engineering related field. A focus on telecommunications would be highly regarded.
- - Strong technical knowledge of industry standards.
- - Intimate knowledge of standard development organisations (eg 3GPP) and industry forums.
- - Familiarity with Wi-Fi/BT communications systems.