Swift Charts Framework Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Swift Charts team and empower developers to create beautiful, highly customizable visualizations with minimal code. You’ll collaborate with passionate and creative colleagues to meet ambitious goals in an environment that not only encourages, but requires constant curiosity and growth. The work we do together will enable hundreds of thousands of developers, and through them hundreds of millions of users, to unlock the data within their apps.
- Interest in data visualization and user interfaces
- Proficiency with Swift (or the capacity to become proficient quickly)
- The ability to work collaboratively and explain complex ideas clearly
- High standards for quality and attention to detail
- The desire to learn and grow, keeping pace with cutting edge technologies
As a member of the Swift Charts team, you will implement new features and craft elegant APIs that surprise and delight our users. You will be responsible for bringing your ideas to life through all stages of their development: from initial research, to API design and proposals, to testing and development in Swift, to documentation and offering guidance to adopters. You’ll join us in energetic discussions of each other’s work and ideas, alongside collaborators possessing a variety of different perspectives and domain expertises. The Swift Charts team is part of the SwiftUI family and works closely with Apple’s data visualization research group. You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate with experts throughout Apple including interface designers and technical writers. Curious and enterprising individuals who take an expansive view of their role will thrive in this multi-disciplinary environment!
Education & Experience
Bachelorʼs Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.We are looking to hire at all experience levels, including from non-traditional backgrounds.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus, but not required:
- - User interface and graphics technologies (e.g. SwiftUI, UIKit, Core Graphics,
- Core Animation)
- - Other data visualization libraries (e.g. D3.js, Vega-Lite, ggplot2)
- - Visualization grammars (i.e. "grammar of graphics")
- - Framework and API development
- - SwiftUI and Swift Standard Library design patterns
- - Programming language design and implementation
- - UI/UX design
- - Technical writing
- - Open-source software projects