Search DevOps Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you want to be part of a team that builds groundbreaking software service, a team that is continually innovating and is proud of making a difference? If so, bring your passion and talent and come join us to be part of something big and amazing. Apple's AML (Applied Machine Learning) team is looking for highly motivated and versatile DevOps/Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) to build the next generation of software services that powers several critically important applications.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in creating tools using Python, Java or other JVM languages
- Expert understanding of Unix/Linux based operating system
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Experience managing infrastructure in AWS
- Experience deploying and managing CI/CD Pipelines
- Should be able to understand complex architectures and be comfortable working with different teams
- Should be highly proactive with a keen focus on improving uptime availability of our critically important services
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment while continuously evaluating emerging technologies
- Monitor production, staging, test and development environments for a myriad of applications in an agile and dynamic organization.
You are an independent problem-solver who is self-directed and capable of exhibiting deftness to handle multiple simultaneous priorities and deliver solutions in a timely manner. Provide incident resolution for all technical production issues. Create and maintain accurate, up-to-date documentation reflecting configuration, and responsible for writing justifications, writing status reports, documenting procedures, and interacting with other Apple staff and management. You will be called upon to work on improving the stability, security, efficiency and scalability of systems. Strong troubleshooting ability will be used daily; will take steps on their own to isolate issues and resolve root cause through investigative analysis. Administer and ensure the proper execution of the backup systems. Provide 24x7 on-call support to handle urgent critical issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expertise in configuration management (such as Ansible, Salt) for deploying, configuring, and managing servers and systems
- Experience in managing large scale Cassandra, Solr clusters
- Experience in managing data ingestion pipelines for large big data infrastructure
- Ability to conduct performance analysis and fix large scale distributed systems
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with big data technologies - Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Experience building and operating large scale Search Infrastructure