Senior Process Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you thrive with collaboration and innovation? In the PPO Sensing Group at Apple, we are seeking a senior process engineer to participate in the development of exciting, new products! You will engage to provide module assembly solutions and working with cross-functional teams and equipment suppliers to develop and deploy new modules to mass production. Your efforts will be groundbreaking, often literally. We are looking for individuals who are creative in solving sophisticated problems with experience in high-volume manufacturing.
- Experience working with high-precision assembly, semiconductor or MEMS packaging, or optoelectronic packaging.
- Experience with JDM model with contractors to develop equipment, materials, and process to manufacture small, and precision electromechanical/optical systems.
- Experience engaging with multi-functional teams - Product Design, Product Engineering, Program Management, and Operations
- Ability to work with international teams in different time zones.
- Ability to travel 15% to international and domestic locations.
Work as the key module process engineer supporting sophisticated, high-volume modules for iPhone, Watch, and more. Provide robust leadership in the areas of module construction, materials, equipment, processes. Work with factory partners to develop MP intent equipment, process, and materials. Provide communication and program phase reviews to senior management. International travel to factory partner sites will be required.
Education & Experience
BS and a minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, or similar.