Automation & Robotics (Computer Vision) Tool Development Internship
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
We at Apple change the lives of people through innovation. Be a part of a highly skilled and motivated team to realize your dream of innovation! Apple Hardware Engineering R&D Division is seeking enthusiastic technical major interns based in Tokyo to experience the work and culture of Apple. The selected candidate will be working with the Field Design Engineering team. We are looking for a candidate who is self-driven and has - Robotics-related system development experience - Enjoying solving technical issues and taking care of user-interface - Ability to handle multiple tasks independently Depending on their technical strength and background, interns will be assigned tasks to support ongoing technical projects of different engineering teams.
- Solid working proficiency in computer vision, mechanical design, or multiple-sensor system
- Experienced with Linux systems and ROS
- Strong programming skills in Python, or C/C++
- Commitment to intensive testing practices
- Fluent in English, not only in verbal communication skills but also in writing document, and presentation skills
- Working Rights for Japan, no immigration or work visa support will be provided to participate in this Japan based internship
- Build custom robotic/computer vision-related solutions used for Apple wireless product validation in various environments - Evaluate tool HW and electrical systems along with E2E software solutions - Improve existing automation systems through data analysis and user feedback - Propose and implement innovative ideas to improve current robotic solutions
Education & Experience
- Should be enrolled in a BS/MS/Ph.D. in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or robotics during the internship period - The estimated graduation date is between Oct 2024 - Sep 2025
- Start timing, as well as, duration is flexible and will be adjusted to study schedule of each selected intern in order not to interfere with ongoing studies and research at the University.