Wireless Systems Architect/Researcher
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a fearless thinker? Do you love the challenge of advancing a widely accepted technology? In the Wireless Software group, you’ll be responsible for bringing groundbreaking wireless connectivity to the world through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and more. You’ll design, develop, and patent the next generation of our state-of-the art connectivity technologies. You’ll collaborate across departments to help craft wireless solutions that elevate the customer experience with Apple products and services. Our goal is to ensure nothing stands in the way of our customers’ connections with their devices. If you join us, you’ll help build world-renowned wireless systems so seamless that they almost feel like magic. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. The Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems team is seeking a hardworking individual with outstanding communication skills and an exceptional technical knowledge of cellular technologies. We make a clear difference to the product. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work with our hardware and Wireless software engineering teams to help drive and deliver the most innovative Apple wireless devices and iOS software features to customers on our operators’ networks worldwide.
- Proven understanding of state of art (5G/A) cellular and/or non cellular communications systems and technologies
- 10+ years of experience in research & standards (3GPP, IEEE), with principle focus on the network stack (layer 2+), RAN and Core Network aspects. Working understanding of physical layer procedures
- Track record of bringing innovations to standards and products
- Familiarity with one or more key emerging wireless technology area like AIML, cloud native, edge computing, semantic communications required
- Experience in simulation and modeling work as relevant to delivering contributions to organizations like 3GPP and IEEE will be required
- Hands on experience with programming languages like C/C++, Python, etc. important
- Excellent collaborative, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving approach with strong results orientation
In this team, we are working on influencing the definition of next generation wireless architecture and systems/standards As a part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with different technical teams to define next generation wireless and network features and help drive external infrastructure vendors and carriers to full feature realization. You will have the opportunity to define innovations and explore tradeoffs in different areas of the cellular protocol stack and network architecture. This is a senior position and you will be required to effectively lead one or more research project initiatives in a cross functional structure with multiple contributors. In this role you will represent Apple interests within forums and collaborative project activities. Most importantly, you will be part of building intellectual property and participating in industry/academic research projects and contributing to future IEEE and 3GPP standards. The chance to create an impact is tremendous!
Education & Experience
EE Preferred and MS or Ph.D in EE/CS