Manufacturing Design Engineer - iPhone (Assy) Intern
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish!
- KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
- - Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- - A teammate who is self-motivated, results oriented and detailed oriented.
- - Ability and willingness to work independently and occasional travel within China
- - Understanding basic concept in mechanical engineering in fixture design, assembly related processes
- - Understanding basic concept in industrial engineering in factory lean, CT, OEE
- - Understanding basic concept of DOE design and data analysis
- - Hands on experience in coding (Python, C++, Matlab etc), Xcode for iOS App development is a plus
- - Good written and oral communication skills, fluent in English.
- Nice to have:
- Hands on experience in mechanical related manufacturing processes (machining, polishing, laser cut- ting/welding, gluing)
- Relevant manufacturing working experience
DESCRIPTION: In this role, you will perform the optimization of assembly manufacturing processes for mechanical enclosure subassemblies for our legendary products. - Develop hard-working manufacturing system applying data and machine learning concept to achieve automated data analysis/verification, automated manufacturing parameters verification and line OEE optimization - Design best-in-class assembly process based on product drawing and cosmetic spec, mapping out proper process flow and ERS which includes selecting processing equipments, designing corresponding fixtures, initiating DOEs to find out the best Assy parameter. - Develop single automation or integrated automation line with new technologies implemented to ensure high levels of product assembly quality, which is used to fulfill the entire manufacturing process of our different types of enclosure parts and subassemblies on iPhone project, including but not limited to: small parts assembly&weld-ing, glue dispensing, film lamination. - Apply your mechanical engineering experience to provide guidance on equipment design of machine layout, parts flow, assembly and movement mechanism, fixture design, accuracy control, standard component's selection, robot & CCD implementation, SW flowchart, system integration, etc. - Involved in the entire equipment development cycle, including: initial automation proposal, machine selection, prototype machine testing & evaluation, leading DOEs to validate machine stability as well as process capability. Would be also working on existing machine continuous improvement, cycle time reduction, OEE improvement, modification or retrofit. - Coordination of activities and direction through clear communication between the Asia and US-based teams, and vendors is a necessity.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Mechanical / Industrial Engineering / Automation
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.