Manufacturing Quality Engineer Intern - Shenzhen/Changsha
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Just be ready to dream big. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. If you are the kind of student who is passionate about pursuing excellence, embracing challenges, enjoying work with others, and learning new things along the way, Apple is the right place for you. Apple MQE is responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for materials, processes and products, solving quality engineering problems in a creative and effective way.
- Fundamental knowledge of C++, Python scripting and rich hands-on experience in scripting
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts and protocols, e.g.: PLC, TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.
- Experience in big data mining & data visualization
- Experience in machine learning and statistical analysis libraries is preferred
- Collaborative & project management skills will be key to excelling in this role
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Clear and logical thinking
- Intern Duration 6 months
- Frequent business travel at supplier factory.
- Work on manufacturing & testing data analysis and auto reporting - Work with project engineers to optimize the data reports and develop customized auto reports based on their needs - Understand manufacturing process control and monitoring mechanism and support the optimization of the in-process quality control system - Support x-functional peers for data utilization to drive the process, quality, and operational improvement - Explain and present the developed systems/tools to a broad technical audience Example of specific tasks: 1. Develop and actualize machine learning in AOI defect classifier to improve AOI escape 2. Hardware solutions to further improve defect image quality 3. AOI/UMP Dashboard development 4. Yield Dashboard development 5. Dynamic Adaptive IPQC data analysis 6. Dynamic Adaptive ORT data analysis 7. Downstream performance dashboard development
Education & Experience
Masters or above, Computer Science/Information Technology & engineering/Applied Mathematics or equivalent majors are preferred
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.