Engineering Manager - Corporate Systems
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonders that revolutionize the entire industry. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. We are looking for outstanding, highly driven technical leader to lead and grow Corporate Systems Engineering Application groups in India. Apple’s Corporate Systems Engineering team build and drive business solutions that enable Apple’s business functions, management and employees. We use the latest in open source technology and industry leading platforms.
- Overall 12+ years of experience including at least 3 years of management experience leading engineers
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience building and maintaining large scale, distributed systems
- Demonstrable experience with Java 8, Spring, Spring Boot, Micro-service architecture and NoSQL DBs
- The position requires solid knowledge of secure coding practices, experience with the open source technologies.
- Experience with implementation of SAAS/Third party products
- Ability to conduct performance analysis and address production issues in large scale distributed systems
- Hands on manager who can lead by example to motivate and challenge the team to deliver their best
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Works well with ambiguity, can focus themselves and their team and move forward
- Adept at prioritizing multiple work streams in a dynamic environment
- Should be highly proactive, both with systems and your team; anticipate their needs, where they might struggle, etc.
We are seeking a hands-on manager who has end to end experience building and managing distributed applications. You will be responsible for design, architecture, development and enhancement of key applications in our portfolio. You have grown into leadership after proving your technical skills as an individual contributor, but at the same time, you still enjoy hands on work when the situation calls for it. You have designed and built large scale applications considering availability, security, reliability and scalability. You keep yourself informed about new technologies, and consider the pros/cons of them as they relate to your area of responsibility. You have an eye for talent and hire and grow your engineers by mentoring and challenging them. Strong communication is a must; you will be expected to weigh in on architecture and implementation details to your team and to other engineering managers.
Education & Experience
B.Tech/BE degree or equivalent from a reputed college
- Experience with running infrastructure in AWS and Kubernetes
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Agile methodologies and continuous software delivery