Manufacturing Quality Engineer - intern
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Just be ready to dream big. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. In this highly visible and hands-on role, you will lead Operations Engineering efforts in the development of world-class enclosures in Audio and Home Products, for some of the highest quality products in the world today. Your role will involve supplier process and quality management throughout the whole life of products, and on-site problem solving, FEA simulation of part stress, metrology review and development on automatic cosmetic inspection solution based on machine learning technology, process capability control with big data utilization!
- Deep knowledge on FEA tool, has experience on FEA tool application , able to work on FEA analysis and summarize conclusion independently.
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience on image processing and computer vision, including spatial/frequency domain analysis, geometric transform, feature detection, registration, segmentation, object detection and classification, etc.
- Experience of supervised and unsupervised machine learning, such as SVM, CNN, GAN, for image segmentation/classification.
- Proficient in one or more of the following: C++/Python/OpenCV/
- Proficient in at least one machine learning framework: Keras/ Pytorch/TensorFlow, etc.
- A positive outlook towards stepping into uncharted technology space and working hard to deliver solutions in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; clear communication with diverse teams.
- Passionate in statistical analysis and data visualization with related experience
You will be directly responsible for work on new project development and focus on FEA to help identify potential failure model from design, developing automatic cosmetic inspection and establishing qualification framework with a team of talented engineers and scientists. Develop and roll in FEA tool for reliability issue early prediction on new project Collaborate with Product designer and process engineer to setup FEA Model Work with cross functional team to build FEA application case and develop FEA procedure Continue optimize FEA model and procedure based on correlation study with actual test result Study FEA tool application oppotuniay for multiple Apple project Design, develop and optimize ML based solution, for automatic cosmetic inspection system. Collaborate closely with automatic optical inspection vendors and Apple suppliers, to develop and deploy mass-production friendly metrology solutions for Apple products. Work with cross-functionally teams to define metrology coverage and qualification specifications. Develop and validate corresponding ML algorithm during new product introduction (NPI) cycle. Study and improve metrology algorithm vs visual inspection correlation. Analyze large amounts of NPI data to qualify/upgrade algorithm design. Review algorithms from multi-functional teams and third parties. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in CS/mechanical engineering Overseas experience and mechanical design related are a great plus