Supplier Quality Engineer, intern
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish!
- Familiar with quality tools, including Cpk, FMEA, sampling plan, data distribution, Gauge R&R, data correlation, is plus
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with suppliers to solve product problems
- Fluent in written and oral English communication
- Nice to have:
- Understanding mechanical drawing specification and appropriate measurement techniques is plus
- Familiar with supplier auditing and development is plus
- Basic understanding of EE module functional testing is plus
Apple Connector module quality team is looking for a motivated, technical oriented supplier quality engineer to manage connector quality at suppliers. He / She will be responsible for developing and implementing quality processes and tools for all aspects of module quality during development and mass production, working with Apple multi-functional teams and suppliers to ensure high quality product. IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL HAVE CHANCE TO - Build up data digitalization system with quality sense and computer science - Support related to both quality systems and technical product related issues. - Work with teams and lead suppliers for inspection system DFM and qualification, and OK2send processes at new product development phases. - Provide direction to suppliers, developing quality programs to ensure the highest level of quality and reliability is consistently delivered. - Define quality specification (SOP, cosmetic spec, etc) as necessary - Set up incoming material inspection, testing and sampling plan to ensure robust incoming quality control at suppliers. - Work with team and suppliers to set up CTQ (Critical to Quality) process control in manufacturing line, take actions to drive continuous process improvement. - Establish OQC inspection and testing process through guard band and tester correlation to ensure out-going parts quality. - Work with PD/REL team about reliability plan and drive root cause and corrective actions to reliability failures. - Work with suppliers in resolving complex manufacturing process, quality and reliability issues, applying DOE and statistical approach. - Develop robust processes for FA (Failure Analysis) on customer returns in order to synthesize voice of customer into process changes and product development cycles to impact current and future products. - Publish reports on supplier performance based on production line statistics, system level data and address these issues. - Regular process audits to ensure vendor align with POR process parameters and achieve expected results.
Education & Experience
- BS in Mechanical, Material, Electronic, Electro-Mechanical Engineering or related major is preferred - Engineering / Science master degree or MBA is plus.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.