Engineering Manager - Finance & Admin Systems
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Corporate Systems team is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to build and guide a team with a vision of creating top software to support operations for different services within Apple. This position plays a hybrid role of people leadership and technical execution. The role requires a hands on person, who is passionate about understanding the details of a problem, can think about different solutions and can lead a team by example when the time to execute comes. You will work with a challenging set of technologies and concepts such as, Spark, Microservices, AWS, Serverless Architectures, Event Driven Architectures, Oracle, Cassandra, among others. This is an exciting role, demanding a strong technology background and collaboration skills to be able to create software that meets high standards from a functional standpoint and demands operational excellence in both production and non production environments.
- Experience creating Java based applications hosted in containerized environments.
- Experience driving software design and architecture decisions.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams.
- Hands on experience with JUnit testing and general testing automation concepts.
- Hands on AWS experience working with some of the following technologies: EMR, S3, Lambda functions, CloudWatch, EC2.
- Highly collaborative attitude.
- Experience working with Microservices & Event Driven architectures.
- Development experience with both relational and non relational databases.
- Strong understanding of architectural concerns such as: Scalability, Observability, Fault Tolerance, Testability, Performance, among others.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and abstraction to be able to make progress despite not always having the complete picture.
The Corporate Systems group at Apple primarily focuses on creative ways to engineer business solutions to meet growing needs of Apple's Finance, iTunes, Sales, Retail, and IT Service organizations. At core, our portfolio comprises of engineered custom solutions to process very high-volume micro-transactions from Apple Music, iPhone Activations, Sales from Retail, Online, and Resellers. These solutions are based on enterprise technologies including Java, Spark, Client-side frameworks, iOS, Oracle, and No-SQL Databases. Accurately processing such high-volume transactions is our core strength. As a Software Engineering Manager your responsibilities include leading a team of full time employees and contractors to deliver product features, following the best practices in terms of software design and development domains. Being mindful of how to run your code in production is critical. We pursue high levels of availability and stability so it is important that all software development activities are approached with a holistic mindset about what it means to run software in a production environment. We expect you to be able to participate in design, architecture and coding activities whenever possible. There is a significant technical aspect for this role, which needs to be combined with the people aspect that will support employees careers. Also, you’ll be required to collaborate with Santa Clara and Austin teams, this is a critical part as we all attempt to pursue the same vision and need to be in constant alignment.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Computer Science or Equivalent. Minimum of 4+ years as an Engineering Manager.