Embedded SW/FW Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our Battery Engineering group, you’ll help craft creative battery solutions that deliver more energy in smaller spaces than ever before. You’ll work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new battery technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what batteries can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world.
- 3+ years of experience in embedded systems.
- Solid understanding of embedded systems design and debugging methodologies and strategies.
- Excellent programming skills in C.
- Python scripting experience.
- Strong experience in software development, verification methodology, version control and automation tools.
- Ability to architect, code, and integrate firmware for any of our hardware products.
- Experience with memory and power constrained micro-controllers. Knowledge of ARM architecture is helpful.
- Experience with solving tools (JTAG, SWD, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers).
- Experience in low-pin-count communication buses (I2C or UART or SPI) is highly desirable.
- Experience in RTOS is a plus.
- Ability to drive features and initiatives within our engineering team, and with many other teams we work with in the broader engineering organization at Apple.
- Coordinate with multi-functional teams and be able to successfully manage features through to launch.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
In this role, you will apply your technical knowledge to drive features and improvements including: • Architect, implement, and maintain complex firmware/software designs. • Write clean, easy to understand, robust, testable, reusable, and sustainable code tailored for embedded systems. • Generate and evaluate functional and design specifications. • Develop and maintain various engineering tools used to debug, analyze, and test embedded products. • Work with multi-functional teams to determine software architecture and specification to meet the product requirement and user experience. • Work with project leaders to define assignments, schedules, quality expectations, and other project criteria. • Present results and recommendations. • Quickly debug and effectively close out system issues related to the product firmware, software, and systems. • Participate in the definition and bring up of new custom ICs. In addition to the above we are looking for an individual who is comfortable with dynamic requirements and has excellent interpersonal skills. Success depends on working with multi-functional teams. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are dedicated with excellent time management skills and can demonstrate creative problem solving.
Education & Experience
BS and a minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering