SoC Silicon Debug Engineering Program Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you want to use your engineering background to make a huge impact? Can you influence, connect, get results, and communicate optimally? Come to Apple and work within a dynamic team to deliver innovative silicon technologies that enable the world’s best products for our customers. This is an excellent opportunity to engage in groundbreaking technologies and contribute to new Apple products year after year. Be at the center of the action on new silicon product development for Apple's groundbreaking SoC's! Apple seeks a Silicon Engineering Program Manager (EPM) within the Silicon Engineering Group (SEG) Engineering organization to join an expert program management team driving silicon program schedules and resolving technical issues that enable timely silicon delivery. You will help lead and drive programs involving silicon debug, bringup and validation for pioneering technology used in next generation Apple products. Not only will you help bring our innovative processors to market but also influence future designs from lessons learned. This position will collaborate with multifunctional teams to resolve silicon issues blocking product development starting with initial silicon bring-up through production release and beyond.
- Proven track record in SOC / VLSI Chip Design, DRAM, Product Engineering.
- Technical program management / vendor management experience.
- Experience in silicon validation or qualification of ASICs.
- Experience with ARM architecture and leading silicon projects from concept to production is considered a plus.
- Extraordinary leadership skills and ability to encourage and influence team members with an innate ability to see the bigger picture.
- Passion to own/drive project development using well-defined metrics.
- Experience working in a high-energy, multi-disciplined engineering environment, strong at multitasking, and real-time crisis management.
- Thrive in multifaceted schedule driven development environment.
- Ability to understand and extract action plans from sophisticated technical discussions and translate into succinct messaging for multi-functional and executive status reporting.
- Excellent debugging skills. Shown ability to drive resolution of critical problems.
In this high profile role you will be responsible for the following: - Work on a PM team responsible for driving technical issue resolution to enable on time silicon to meet daring product schedules. - Drive internal program process to guarantee high quality silicon execution. - Interface and drive silicon issues across multi-functional teams: Design, Verification, Validation, Technology, System Hardware and Software. - Focus silicon team on meeting near term work and unblocking technical issues by pulling together the right multi-functional technical expert(s) to resolve issues with data based decision-making. - Attend and drive technical sessions with suppliers/design partners to track & follow-up issues/escalations. - Focused issue reporting, bug tracking and communication of program risks & status.
Education & Experience
BS + minimum of 10 years of relevant experience