RFIC Design Validation Test Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
The Wireless SoC Radio Team designs state-of-art highly energy efficient CMOS radios, from RF to bits. To deliver these radios, our team is responsible for the design and validation of a wide range of RF, analog, and mixed-signal blocks from RF front-end amplifiers to data converters, including baseband filters, baseband and RF phase-locked loops, crystal oscillators, and bandgap references. We are working on new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. In this role, you will work closely with the RFIC design team to perform radio calibration, optimization, characterization, and debug. Individuals will either automate mentioned tasks and/or help specify test procedures especially for tasks that are done repeatedly or require extensive setup.
- Solid experience of RF parametric testing, such as IP3, NF, ACPR, phase noise, loadpull, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of RF test equipments, such as network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, vector signal analyzer, vector signal generator, etc.
- Strong Wireless RF background and familiarity with RF systems fundamentals, RF transceiver architectures and/or digital communication.
- Proficiency with understanding RFIC block-level design schematics.
- Some experience of RF PCB board design, debug and development.
- Python programming language is highly desired.
- Experience with embedded system and C programming language is preferred.
Responsibilities include: - Develop and integrate RF end to end DUT control sequence and then verify it with emulation system. - Responsible for wireless-SOC RF functionality bringup. - Design and develop RF block and/or system calibrations including algorithms and optimizations. - RF performance optimization and characterization such as Psat, Mask, IP3, NF, ACPR, phase noise, lock time, return loss, etc. - Design RF test bench and implement scripts which controls wireless-SOC and communicate test equipment. - Writing scripts that plot, parse and analyze large data sets. - Generate RF performance summary report based on characterization results against chip specification. - Develop RF Calibrations and tests for ATE mass productions and analyze ATE failures. - Develop RF FW based on python reference script.
Education & Experience
BS required. MS preferred.