AI/ML Software Optimization Engineer, Platform Architecture
Cupertino, California, United States
Come join a world class group in Platform Architecture focused on low level software performance optimization. We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative, and dedicated engineer to join the Platform Architecture Software Performance Optimization Team. We are a group that is driving performance improvements in software running on Apple silicon as well as Apple software and hardware itself. Join us!
- Expert background in software engineering, tools, methods, and the performance optimization process;
- Strong knowledge and experience in AI/ML accelerators, GPU, CPU, SoC architecture and micro-architecture, or performance analysis with an emphasis on hardware/software co-design and the intersection between software and hardware;
- Strong software development skills and proficiency in some of C/C++ family programming languages, and scripting languages such as Python;
- Knowledge and experience with AI/ML performance benchmarks and workloads;
- The position requires in-depth knowledge of AI/ML frameworks and relevant software stacks. Understanding operating system internals, and compiler technology a plus;
- Strong interpersonal skills and creativity to help the team solve performance challenges.
In this role you will work on the analysis of existing and new workloads to identify performance bottlenecks in the hardware and/or software. Working with your colleagues you will address performance limitations and deliver recommendations for Apple hardware and software improvements. In addition to working with developers directly, you’ll identify patterns of performance challenges on Apple silicon, emerging new usage models, and feed back findings into the silicon and software teams for potential improvements.
Education & Experience
BS and a minimum 10 years relevant work experience. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related fields preferred.