Senior DDR PHY Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a visionary and uncommonly talented DDR PHY Design Engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. In this role, you will be at the center of a PHY design effort collaborating with architecture, CAD, timing and PD design teams, with a critical impact on delivering best in class PHY designs. You will contribute to best in class PHY design.
- 5+ years of DDR PHY Design experience on high performance, low power SOC designs
- Deep knowledge of industry standards and practices in PHY Design, including RTL writing, verification tools of RTL
- Experience in developing and implementing DDR PHY
- Deep Understanding of all aspects of PHY construction, Integration and Physical Design Knowledge of Basic SoC Architecture and HDL languages like Verilog to be able to work with design team for timing fixes
- Proven knowledge of circuit design, transistor operation is a plus
- Power user of industry standard RTL Design & Synthesis tools
- Deep Understanding of scripting languages such as Perl/Tcl
- Proven knowledge of Extraction and STA methodology and tools
- Deep understanding of Design methodology to debug issues at PHY level
As a DDR PHY Design engineer you will be involved with all phases of PHY design of high performance DDR interface from architecture, RTL to delivery of our final GDSII. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to: Participate in the architecture of next generation DDR PHY. Design DDR PHY from architecture to micro-architecture. RTL implementation of the micro-architecture. Participate in clearly defining specification, testing and verification of the DDR PHY design. Work closely with CAD, PD teams to implement RTL design into GDS. Run various design verification flow at PHY level and provide guidelines to other designers. Participate in establishing CAD and design methodologies for correct by construction designs. Assist in flow development for PHY integration.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical discipline