ACG - Machine Learning R&D Engineer (Deep Learning Specialist)
Portland, Oregon, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Apple's Advanced Computation Group (ACG) is seeking a talented machine learning R&D engineer with a specialization in deep learning to join their team in Portland. The ACG performs both exploratory and targeted algorithms research and development in a dynamic small team environment. The position involves core and applied machine learning research focused on both algorithm development and integration. As a researcher and software R&D engineer, you will develop cutting-edge machine learning algorithms to enable current and future Apple products and services.
- Strong machine learning background, with hands-on experience in building real systems
- Deep understanding of state of the art machine learning and deep learning algorithms, techniques and best practices
- Experience working with one or more deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe, MXNet, Keras, PyTorch
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong background in mathematics and/or statistics is highly desirable
- Experience integrating machine learning algorithms into applications
- Strong Python and C/C++ development skills
- Strong command line skills (posix, scripting, version control systems,..)
- Experience in signal processing, image and video processing, computer vision, computational music/audio, and other related applied engineering fields a plus
- Proven ability and leadership in both applied research and development
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; comfortable presenting research to large audiences
- You’re used to communicating with a diverse team, with both experts and novices, in technical and non-technical roles
- Ability to work hands-on in cross-functional teams with a strong sense of self-direction
We are looking for an accomplished deep learning expert in wider domain of machine learning, with a strong research and development track record, who is self-motivated and passionate about his or her work. You are a capable Python and C/C++ programmer with solid experience driving algorithmic solutions from prototype to implementation. You should also possess a keen interest in staying up-to-date on new developments in machine learning in both academia and industry, and be able to apply that knowledge to challenging problems across multiple domains.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Electrical and/or Computer engineering) with a focus on machine learning (deep learning).