ACG - Machine Learning R&D Engineer (Deep Learning Specialist)
Portland, Oregon, United States
Apple's Advanced Computation Group (ACG) is seeking a talented machine learning R&D engineer with a specialization in deep learning to join their team in Portland. The ACG performs both exploratory and targeted algorithms research and development in a dynamic small team environment. The position involves core and applied machine learning research focused on both algorithm development and integration. As a researcher and software R&D engineer, you will develop cutting-edge machine learning algorithms to enable current and future Apple products and services.
- Strong machine learning background, with hands-on experience in building real systems
- Deep understanding of state of the art machine learning and deep learning algorithms, techniques and best practices
- Experience working with one or more deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe, MXNet, Keras, PyTorch
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong background in mathematics and/or statistics is highly desirable
- Experience integrating machine learning algorithms into applications
- Strong Python and C/C++ development skills
- Strong command line skills (posix, scripting, version control systems, ...)
- Experience in signal processing, image and video processing, computer vision, computational music/audio, and other related applied engineering fields a plus
- Proven ability and leadership in both applied research and development
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; comfortable presenting research to large audiences
- You’re used to communicating with a diverse team, with both experts and novices, in technical and non-technical roles
- Ability to work hands-on in cross-functional teams with a strong sense of self-direction
We are looking for an accomplished deep learning expert in wider domain of machine learning, with a strong research and development track record, who is self-motivated and passionate about his or her work. You are a capable Python and C/C++ programmer with solid experience driving algorithmic solutions from prototype to implementation. You should also possess a keen interest in staying up-to-date on new developments in machine learning in both academia and industry, and be able to apply that knowledge to challenging problems across multiple domains.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Electrical and/or Computer engineering) with a focus on machine learning (deep learning). Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.