Machine Learning Engineer, Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every single day to build products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and visionary content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. Apple’s Ad Platforms Data Engineering team is looking for a highly motivated, bold professional who wants to be part of a highly specialized team that is at the forefront of building analytics, optimization, and machine learning applications on large data set. In this role you will be driving design, development and production support building applications on large data set that ultimately drive insights into advertising ecosystem, help drive demand, optimize advertiser ROI and marketplace performance. The ideal candidate should be able to come up with innovative ways to apply machine learning and statistical approaches to business and engineering problems. The candidate should also be willing to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment where technical abilities will be challenged on a day to day basis.
- - Strong working knowledge of machine learning algorithms such as classification, regression, clustering, anomaly detection, and model evaluation.
- - Practical understanding of statistics, optimization, and time series forecasting.
- - A passion for building machine learning models & end-to-end systems 5+ plus years of experience in Java Programming (design & architecture, algorithms)
- - 2+ years of experience in building high throughput data pipelines using Big Data technologies.
- - Exposure to large scale (Petabytes) data processing.
- - Extensive experience with MapReduce or Spark, HDFS Experience with Scala, Kafka, and Oozie is a plus.
- - Strong problem-solving and analytical ability.
- - Ability and comfort working independently and making key decisions on projects.
- - Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- - Leadership, critical thinking, excellent verbal & written communication skills
You will be responsible for analyzing large datasets to glean actionable insights, design algorithms for prediction, recommendation and optimization, perform ad-hoc statistical analysis, present results of analysis to team and leadership and create metrics to measure the success of the product. You must be able to independently design, code, and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes. Responsibilities include: - Design and build scalable data processing infrastructure - Build modular components in the large volume data movement and management - Work with architects in implementing the data pipeline. - Mentor junior engineers in Big Data technologies
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.