Software Engineer - Data & ML Platforms, Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in the App Store. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. Apple’s Ad Platforms Data Engineering team is looking for a highly motivated, smart professional, who wants to be part of a team building frameworks, services & tools to enable machine learning and data product development. The ideal candidate should be a self starter with excellent communication and collaboration skills. The candidate should also be willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Deep understanding of data processing and distributed systems technologies
- Working knowledge of machine learning frameworks and development lifecycle
- Strong software development skills, with proficiency in Java/Python/Scala
- Strong analytical skills with exposure to machine learning techniques
- Experience with integrating model training and inference in data pipelines
- Clear and effective communicator with a collaborative mindset
- Exposure to A/B testing methodologies is a plus
- Full stack experience is a plus
As a software engineer, you are responsible for design, development, and support of services and frameworks designed for data processing and machine learning. You will partner closely with cross functional teams in developing platform features upon which other teams will develop data pipelines and machine learning applications. You are expected to maintain clear documentation, communicate succinctly.
Education & Experience
BS, MS in Computer Science or related field with 4+ years experience